Running with extremely high deceleration rates and increased downforce poses different challenges, so Hawk designed DTC-60 race compound. Recommended with DTC-70 when split friction between axles is desired, it has excellent modulation and release characteristics.
DTC-60 has the same temperature range as DTC-70, but produces less brake torque. Many racers of lighter, smaller cars such as the Miata and S2000 will run DTC-60 Front and DTC-30 Rear. On larger, heavier, cars such as Corvettes, Mustangs, Porsches, BMWs and other specialty race cars, the DTC-60 is run on the rear with DTC-70 up front. This is not an entry level race compound and should not be driven on the street. Use when you are a serious racer with track experience and have had issues with less aggressive compounds overheating or not providing enough bite.
- Superior Release and Torque Control
- Very Low Pad and Rotor Wear
- High Torque
- Excellent Modulation and Release Characteristics
- Applicable to NASCAR, NASCAR modified, ARCA, Super Late models, pavement circle track, Pro 2, Pro 4 Off Road Trucks, Pro Lite, Sports Car, GT, GS, Open Wheel, Formula, Monster Trucks
- Stable Friction Output
- 400-1600 Deg F Operating Temperature Range
- 600-1200 Deg F Optimal Temperature Range